Monday, December 22, 2014

A Smooth Sea Never Made A Skillful Sailor


Salaam! Peace be upon you!
It's almost the end of 2014 and I've been abandoned this blog since March or 9 months. It's December 21st, it means I am already 16 years old and 19 days. Birthday is nothing though, it's nothing more than just a number. I am so thankful for the surprise, prayers, and gifts. Thank you so much for Willa, Rama, Shinta, Arum who wont talk to me in my birthday and all of sudden 5 days later they entered my room and sprayed yellow thingy and foams. You should know that it was 1 pm I was going to do maths and I haven't even took a bath. But yet I am so happy. 


Talking about birthday, it reminds me to the last 3 years when I was still in Junior High School. I remember how my friends treated me and the videos and else. It hurts somehow to think that we're not in the same school anymore. But life is life. I am no more a Junior High School student, I am officially SMA Negeri 6 Yogyakarta student! It is not the first choice but I am so grateful of Allah's plan. I was ungrateful at first, but soon I realized Allah is the best of planners. He puts me around a really good friends who I considered as family too. This year is the 13th Lustrum of SMA Negeri 6 Yogyakarta, and we already held 13 events and the last one is SANSEKERTA Anniversary Live Music on 18 of December! I am so proud of being one of them. They taught me a lot of things especially on organize such events. Lustrum XIII SMA Negeri 6 Yogyakarta was impressively impressive! (www.symphonylustrum13.com) Words cannot describe how happy I am being one of them!

I am barely a year in High School but I have gained a lot of lessons and memories I will never forget. I remember the very first day when I stepped on the hallway in my bulky uniform and walking like some idiotic inexperienced kid. I remember how I met my classmates X MIA MODU5AN and how we introduced ourselves. I remember all of the events we've been through throughout this 6 months. I remember how I always feel like I've known them for years. It has only been 6 months but we took tons of group selfies, we argued, we fight, but soon we will make it up again. I remember the details, I remember it all too well. I never thought I will be this happy. I am way too excited. They're blessings.


If you remember my last posts about "Strange Goals and Aspirations", I am going to tell you that being in this school is like the gate of my dreams. #tsah #geezwhatareutalkingabout . I thought I was going to be a scientist or an astronaut when I was 6. But hell yeah I know it will only forever be nothing more than just a dream. But in this school, I can learn Astronomy deeper than I have ever imagined by enter the extra astronomy class which is so exciting! Astronomy is so attractive as the way it is. I was planning on buying a Celestron Telescope but my wallet doesn't support so...whatever though at least finally I can do and learn what I love.

The second thing is I am so proud of being KIR Muda Wijaya team. SMA Negeri 6 Yogyakarta is famous for its nickname "The Research School of Jogja" and I couldn't ask for anything better. I am so grateful that after being in so much failures I'd never tell in the past years, I and Dinda (she's my partner in doing research) achieved our very first Gold Medal for Physics category in Yogyakarta Science Project Competition in 18-19 December 2014. I am not yet a scientist nor a physicist (I even failed on Physics exam). Without the help of amazing people I've ever met : Mbak Dewi, Mbak Fiesha, Mas Zakaria, Mas Afif, and people who always supported us, we are nothing more than just a potato. I still don't know how much failures I have to pass next before reach the success because I believe there is success behind every failures.  They inspired us so much. Rather than that, I wish that it will be a stepping stone to reach the success. Again, Allah is almighty and the best of planners. Alhamdulillah...

"By Al-Asr (the time). Verily, man is in loss. Except those who believe and do righteous good deeds, and recommend one another to the truth and recommend one another to patience." (Quran 103)

Well the funny thing is I only considered them as hobbies, which is good though. I am still confused on choosing the major......thought I will choose Interior Design. Hahaha ikr my brain is so messed up, I don't even know what the hell am I doing right now. I used to think to choose engineering but I don't think it fits me well. I am nothing more than a red snot-nosed kid who seeks for experiences. If only you know how some people underestimate me and keep saying that I can do nothing but sleep and eat. And how some people think that I will never ever reach my dream. You were wrong if you are saying that my life is smoother than yours. You were wrong if you think I never feel useless. You were wrong if you think I never cried for such things, I did. But a smooth sea never made a skillful sailor. And I am grateful Allah has put me in this position, I believe and trust in Allah's plan.


"Semua orang punya jatah gagal, habiskan jatahmu di waktu muda." -Dahlan Iskan

6 comments:

  1. wow great Experience.... nice to meet you @angkisland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nice to meet you too and thank you for passing!

      Delete
  2. "By the time. Verily, man is in loss."
    That senteces always make me sad. A short surah but has deeply meaning #sob

    Interior design? Haha
    I think you should choose Engineering like me :D
    But, if you want follow your passion. It's great for you too.
    Choosing major that fit with your passion is more fun and will making your progress faster. Because you love it.

    So, good luck with your life. And good luck for you event in this year (Lustrum XIII) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, I think this verse hits everyone who understand.
      Still, I am still confuse. But I do really adore engineers all over the world! Good luck and thanks for your advice, I'll remember it ^^

      Delete

Hi, thanks for visiting! ~^^
I read every comment and I do blog walking too.
Please use good words, I really appreciate!

Regards,
Febby