Sunday, February 07, 2016

Black Coffee

"The way I dove, starved all the fears and tasted all the thoughts I kept coiled beneath my bones. The way that bitterness flows through my dry throat. That's what I used to."


The door swung open as I walked in leading my tired feet to a vintage looking coffee shop. I always come here every Sunday, at least twice a month. The waitress knew I'd come here and they will always have prepared a cup of green tea latte on their table with my name already written on it. I asked them why and they told me so that they can give it as soon as I come.

"Green tea latte, as always. Right, Miss?"

"I would like a black coffee today. No sugar."

Her eyes grew bigger, trying to confirm what I just said. "No sugar, Miss? You've always had green tea latte." She let out a chuckled. I smiled and nodded a yes. "Okay then. Size?"

"Tall venti in a grande cup. Please."

I've never had coffee in 17 years. I never liked the taste of coffee, I've never used to it. It is too strong and bitter for my tongue. I've always ordered a green tea latte with half cup of sugar, it was much much too sweet than bitter. It tasted more like a honeydew melon or something, but it was actually a green tea after a few sip. I don't know why do I am feeling like to have a black coffee, I am feeling like today is different and I should have something different.

"Black coffee, no sugar?" She looked unsure and frowned her thick eyebrows, feeling as worried as I may see. I arched a smile trying to look as obvious as I could until she felt assured enough and put it on my table along with a book I just bought and left. I gulped and eyed my first cup of coffee warily, a black coffee with no sugar to be precise. The fear filled my empty stomach and it fills me with a very hesitant feelings. I checked the clock, 12:17, I was waiting for the small needle reach the twelve as I put my earphones on, lifted the cup. Weary with the burden of long-closed eyes, I took a sip with my eyes closed. And slumber. Exhaustion.


"....내 ì ˆë§ê´€ ìƒê´€ì—†ì´. 
무심하게도 ì•„침은 ë‚  ê¹¨ìš°ë„¤...."

Roasted, ground, and brewed. It was rather breathtakingly beautiful. I like coffee, much better with no sugar in it. It was dark, bitter, and warm. I thought maybe it was a ritual of the cup, the spoon, the hot water, and the little heap of brown grit, the way they come together to form a nail I can hang the day on. It's something to do between being asleep and being awake. Now I know why people start their day with a morning coffee, how it makes me think about people, memories, and solitude in a form of tempted steam. For them who has no courage, that some feeling are left unexpressed. Remain silent and unsaid. 

The way I dove, starved all the fears and tasted all the thoughts I kept coiled beneath my bones. The way that bitterness flows through my dry throat. That's what I used to. 

14 comments:

  1. AAA I am in love with this post! thanks for sharing, hope you have an amazing day. Do you want to support each others blog by following each other? Please let me know so I can follow you right back:)

    xoxo
    www.theclosetelf.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your compliment!
      Sureee, of course we can^^

      Delete
  2. i absolutely adore this :D
    xo
    vale
    www.fashionneed09.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing blog dear<3
    greetings from germany!!!
    xx, laura :*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, laura!
      Greetings from Indonesia xx

      Delete
  4. Really in love with this story or post or couple words that really touch me!
    I always order green tea too since I can't drink coffee. ♥

    My Little Cream Button ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank youuu!!
      That's gooddd, we have the same taste! Don't you know that green tea is way healthier? ^^

      Delete
  5. I love coffee so much but with sugar, haha.. I can't drink black coffee without sugar. Very nice post dear ^^

    Would you like to support each other by follow on GFC & G+?
    Please Let me know if you follow me and I’ll follow back asap!

    Love xx
    Official Seol ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahah that's better tho! I think it was just me who is really this weird.
      Sure, we can! I'll jump to your blog asap xx

      Delete
  6. thanks for your sweet comment on my blog and let's be friend :))

    cheer, michelle ~ http://livedreammagic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE coffee shops, but I don't really drink coffee :P I only drink the really sweet/milky/chocolatey/creamy ones, the ones so sweet/milky/chocolatey/creamy that you can't even taste the coffee anymore. "Normal" coffee is too bitter for me. I don't think I could ever take it black! I wish I could though, because it's probably a lot healthier. I love green tea lattes :) Also, thanks for sharing music! Some of my close friends are really into KPop, but I'm not really into pop music in general, so I've been trying to find alternative/indie/acoustic/singer-songwriter Korean/Japanese/Chinese/Taiwanese songs/artists. -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What I like about coffee shop is its atmosphere. Free, tired, friendly souls are there. Yes, I used to only like the coffee-not-coffee one, but espresso..I found it interesting. Hehe the fact that I am not really into Kpop, but I am giving it a try to Jpop and Kpop these days^^ Thanks for your sweet sharing Audrey xx

      Delete

Hi, thanks for visiting! ~^^
I read every comment and I do blog walking too.
Please use good words, I really appreciate!

Regards,
Febby