Monday, March 07, 2016

"Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light."


If you realized where the quote above was originated, you're my buddy already. Correct. That's a quote from Interstellar movie. No, I am not going to do a movie review although I never did (never been good on writing reviews), all I did was ended up writing about what my mind could perceive for uncertain purposes and regardless nonsense. So, amigo, now that's nonsense. I perpetually saying that sometimes I don't even know what I am saying so you don't have to take it seriously. Now I am serious. Wholeheartedly if I may say. If you don't know how much do I love astronomy and astrophysics as gigantic (how am I supposed to say that) as the time could bend, or not yet. However I really do have to tell you straightly that I am stupid at physics and exact sciences. But just so you know, everything I write here has begin through deep research and considerable fundamental reasons I was able to take. Just don't rely too much. do people even bother to read?

I have this kind of, you know, puzzling thoughts swirling in my mind about astronomy and its super massive knowledge back then when I was in primary school, but I am glad enough that I, finally, gradually discover new things or at least some questions I have been questioned myself for like ten years ago because I had no one to talk to about it. People would have consider me as a big head who thinks about nonsense things and I'd ended up getting such lines as "It's not our task to think about it." or worse as "stop thinking like you're able to solve things as that". But thanks anyway, now I know why being-mocked-at can be this advantageous for its victims. I mean I was like, dude what was your intention for saying it wasn't our business, like how do you even survive in this world if there is no scientists investigate it or how would you live without knowledge. At least if you don't think you're able to do it, or realized it isn't your field. Just stop complaining.

Actually that wasn't the point.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us." -Cooper

Astronomy has taken me away to such different perspectives, nope I wasn't taken for such time and dimensional travel. Nope, dude. Even though it sounds amaazingg I am spinning out of nothingness and scattering stars!! Astronomy will always become one of the reason why I look upon Islam differently now. You might be saying, there's no relation between this and that or it's just a coincidence and a bunch of blah blah, but I had to justify that it wasn't a coincidence and there lies guidance. It really does embrace the horizon. Wasn't the horizon you'd find in black holes though. We'd talk about it soon since it has huge relation with the line I quoted. And by that soon I mean a real soon like soon but not today (I forgot what I want to write isn't it annoying). Well, let's just talk about the poem first. The quote was derived from a poem by Dylan Thomas (1914-1953), let's take a moment to appreciate. The poem's meaning is life affirming. It urges us to live life to the fullest and to never surrender. For me, it is one of the most powerful poems ever written, that we should not give up and surrender. That somehow we have to discover what makes us happy the most, to pursue any endeavor we chose.  Finding a purpose, whether it be to live each day to the fullest or to be the best person possible or creating something that makes our life more joyful and meaningful. 


“I don’t know whether the universe, with its countless galaxies, stars and planets, has a deeper meaning or not, but at the very least, it is clear that we humans who live on this earth face the task of making a happy life for ourselves. Therefore, it is important to discover what will bring about the greatest degree of happiness.” - Dalai Lama

2 comments:

  1. MashaAllah!!! Interstellar travel should be on our bucket list hahaha. I love this post so muchhh anyway, good job dude!! Luv u, euh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! I really am looking forward to that day where we can do interstellar travel like the regular travel to jogja jakarta! HAHAHAH what kind of thought is this

      Delete

Hi, thanks for visiting! ~^^
I read every comment and I do blog walking too.
Please use good words, I really appreciate!
Don't forget to follow and subscribe, thank you!

Regards,
Febby