Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Thoughts on Pride & Prejudice: why is it needed to blame Mr. Darcy's manner


Things shall not perish in a period of time unless we know the reason why. If I ever had a chance to sue anyone in this world, either fictional or real, I thought it would be a pleasure for me to sue our daringly charming Mr. Darcy from Pemberley. For he is responsible for my outlast decision and consideration in high expectations towards men, ever in the universe. Mr. Darcy is a perfect portrait of an ideal man any women would die for, well at least for those who understand this. Unlike the others, he tends to stick in his own mind and personal principles rather than usual men we found in everyday life. Recently. Though.

“I have faults enough, but they are not, I hope, of understanding. My temper I dare not vouch for. It is, I believe, too little yielding— certainly too little for the convenience of the world. I cannot forget the follies and vices of other so soon as I ought, nor their offenses against myself. My feelings are not puffed about with every attempt to move them. My temper would perhaps be called resentful. My good opinion once lost, is lost forever.” 

I am falling in love with the words classic authors had invented, something that I'd never find in modern books nowadays. I have always admiring Jane Austen, as she is one of my favorite classic author along with L.M Montgomery and Hans Christian, for their books and beautiful poetic lines. Not until I had finished the series of beautiful unspoken love for the sake of pride and out willingly to sense each other's attraction in demeanor manner. It was rather difficult to choose something in between keeping the pride or losing it for awhile and left the guilt for years. Sometimes we even caught up in such moment where our prejudice is worth even more than anything we could ever ask. Not even in people's perception, whom I supposed to know nothing but daresay to speak up their unresponsible opinion, or perhaps...nonsense. Unfortunately to say that there is least people who are concerning in this issue. But rather the feeling of astonishing young ladies' deliberated minds in Georgian era still fascinated me the most. Very well-mannered in every aspects

I was watching Pride and Prejudice and I came across into a reasoning in which made my head spinning around. Terribly. Well, probably because of my obsession towards Mr. Darcy for his intelligence and gentlemanlike manner. As sophisticated as he is. What praise is more valuable than the praise of an intelligent servant? As a brother, a landlord, a master, she considered how many people's happiness were in his guardianship!—how much of pleasure or pain was it in his power to bestow!—how much of good or evil must be done by him! Every idea that had been brought forward by the housekeeper was favourable to his character. Lucky Lizzie.

“I have faults enough, but they are not, I hope, of understanding. My temper I dare not vouch for. It is, I believe, too little yielding— certainly too little for the convenience of the world. I cannot forget the follies and vices of other so soon as I ought, nor their offenses against myself. My feelings are not puffed about with every attempt to move them. My temper would perhaps be called resentful. My good opinion once lost, is lost forever.” 

For he is, all anyone ever wants. Cold-headed, stubborn, efficient, and calm in crisis. In intellectual competence, in addition to other varying degrees of competence (wealth, humour, beauty, etc), and thus declares his love for you in an incredibly awkward manner. He doesn’t know how to express himself, and that’s endearing. And of course, lovely accent. Ardently. Doesn't he?



33 comments:

  1. Assalamualaikum, Ukhti

    Ahlan Wasahlan? Syukron Katsiron.

    Wassalamualakum, Ukhti.

    *INI AKU APAAN BANGET SIH wkwkw :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wa'alaikumsalam, ahlan bik (?)
      lah ya apaan kak? wkwkw

      Delete
    2. Bisa bahasa arab juga? Canggih deh.

      Delete
    3. belum bisa kak cuma baca doang huhu T_T
      yang itu kan pelajaran waktu sd, jadi masih inget dikit wkwkkw

      Delete
    4. Hihihi Tak apaaaa :) pengen mengenal saja :)

      Delete
  2. He was awesome ya. Proved by your statement that he is a perfect potrait an ideal man any women would die for.
    The question is, whether he was real or fictional?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! The fact that the probability of finding a guy like Mr. Darcy is 1/10000000000000 .... despite that, there'd be a chance tho. :D

      Delete
  3. Duuuuuh duuuuh.... sedih akuuuu.... nggak bisa ngartiinnya...
    aku komen dulu aja ya, ntar aku baca lagi pake kamus hehe...
    penasaran juga soalnya ^,^
    salam kenal Kak Febby
    ^,^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. jangan sedih lah kak huhuhu :( wkwkw
      salam kenal kak ocha!!

      Delete
  4. I like it. You're very smart. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Halo mbaa.. Salam kenal yaa..
    Your blog is awesome!
    Bahasa inggris, jepang, indonesia. Luar biasa!
    Bicara pride & prejudice, udah lama pengen baca dan nonton filmnya. Tapi belum kesampaian juga. Prnasaran..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe, salam kenal juga ibu jerapah *lucu namanya* wkwkw
      Cuma sebagai ajang latihan aja huhu
      Terimakasih!!1

      Delete
  6. eh kmu yg kemaren ikutan acara di neo bukan sih? aku pengen komen jdi salah fokus gegara liat fotomu, kok berasa ga asing mukanay gituuuu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wah acara di neo? aku jarang ikut acara-acara hehehe..
      as an introvert who often mistaken as an extrovert, i'd rather spending time alone :D

      Delete
  7. Waaaah aku belom nonton inii, jadi pengen nonton :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome, you're great, i like you..
    Apaan?

    Sudahlah abaikan bahasa Inggrisku yang nggak jelas. Keren lah bisa banyak bahasa, kemampuan bahasa Jepangnya yang keren tuh. Aku cuma bisa baca hiragana doang, ini sudah ngejadiin kalimat.
    Salam kenal ya..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not as great as you think :") hehe
      Sebenernya...belum bisa, masih butuh banyak belajar T_T
      Btw, terimakasih! Salam kenal juga

      Delete
  9. nice story :')) keren neng reviewnya, lengkap gitu. jd pengen nonton :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Coba bikin artikel tentang rencana kelas 12 dan rencana kuliah :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmm iya ngga yaaa
      wah siapa nih kok tau aku mau kls 12 wkwk

      Delete
  11. Wow last picture is me

    ReplyDelete
  12. bahasanya pakai "kah" kayak orang Kaltim

    ReplyDelete
  13. wah kalo mampir ke sini serasa jadi murid yang duduk di kelas paling pojokan deh hehehe... bodonya ketauan T.T oia Febby selamat hari raya ya.... Allahumma taqobbal minna shiyamana, wa qiyamana, wa sujudana, wa tilawatana, wa shodaqona. Taqobbalallahu minna wa minkum kullu aamin wa antum bi khoir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. duhh enggak lah kak! huhuhu. Selamat hari raya juga kak angki!! Wah telat ya maaf T___T barakallahu!

      Delete
  14. Very nice :)
    xx

    http://losaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for visiting! ~^^
I read every comment and I do blog walking too.
Please use good words, I really appreciate!
Don't forget to follow and subscribe, thank you!

Regards,
Febby