Wednesday, January 18, 2017

The Sky

Hasil gambar untuk the sky tumblr

One day, I met a young girl stood by herself. She looked up at the sky as she traced her hand following the clouds above our heads. Her face was flat; I could see no emotion. But somehow, out of nowhere, I could feel as if she is that one cheerful being. Or maybe she was, I thought.

I kinda approached her, made my way next to her hesitantly. She didn't move a little. I sighed, doing the same thing as her, looking at the sky.

"The sky is always blue, isn't it?" I rambled.

"No."

"Okay..."

"It's pitch black."

"What?"

"Pitch black." She looked down, turning her head towards me, "The sky is pitch black. That's why I look at the sky every day."

"I don't get it?"

"I wish I could put all of my thoughts in a jar. I hate the nights where I feel so hollow inside; empty and out of place. Did, it made me happy," she sighed, heavily breathe, "but for some unknown reason, it scares me. That's what crossed my mind the very first second of whatever circumstances lies behind."

"Wow. I don't know. You're very much a talker..."

"Surprised?"

"A little."

"Good then. I rarely do that."

"I know... but why, me, all of sudden?"

"Do you think I never realized that you've stopped by looking at me probably wondering why this girl out of nowhere staring at the sky since forever?"

"I do. Sorry..." I kept fidgeting, feeling as unsure as I may seem, "..if I bother you."

"Not at all." I stared, not sure what she was talking about. "I've been waiting too."

"Waiting?" I asked as she nodded her head, smiling by her heart.

"Yeah.."

"I am all ears." I was trying to convince her.

"It's not the right time for you to know," she smiled, "see you."

I frowned and froze. The time suddenly stopped for a few seconds and I still couldn't get whatever she was saying. That long words she said in the beginning, it shocked me somehow. It was too much for my mind to process. Whatever she might be thinking; whatever intention she had when she said that to me, or perhaps nothing at all. It was good to know, anyway...

Disclaimer: this is a work of fiction.

4 comments:

  1. so I don't understand too, what is the girl think about, you do good story in English mbak

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always amazed with you, almost always write stories in English. Good job! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for visiting! ~^^
I read every comment and I do blog walking too.
Please use good words, I really appreciate!

Regards,
Febby