Friday, May 19, 2017

Friday Reminder: Finding Inner Peace

Assalamu'alaikum!! (May peace be upon you) اَلسَّلَامُ عَلَيْكُم


Ramadhan is coming very near already. Oh, didn't you see that coming? So these days, recently, I felt like my iman (faith) has been decreasing gradually, astaghfirullah, and I kinda missing the peace during my prayers. Have you ever felt like... you just don't feel it? I felt bothered and blamed myself a lot about it that I tried various ways but the 'peace' never comes back. Perhaps it's because the sins I realized or not realized I've commited in the past. Or it might be because my mind had been occupied with everything wordly that I forget the akhirah. But today I would like to share a few things that probably could help you finding the "peace" back, or at least, reminding you(and me too) of Islam, Qur'an, anything.

I would like to recommend you an app, it's Nouman Ali Khan podcasts  which you can download it from App Store. It contains of da'wah lectures of Mr Nouman Ali Khan that you can actually access it from Bayinnah Tv or FreeQuranEducation in Youtube. It's very good especially if you would like to save your internet data (because if you don't, it's hours lectures in Youtube man). You don't have to start with an hour lectures, just begin with short 5-10 minutes lectures, but do it constantly in the morning or in the evening so you'll get used to it. Just as you like. As for me, I am trying to listen at least one lecture everyday to keep myself reminded. Mashaallah may He makes us among the people He loves.
Learn Tajwid. Download any apps or buy any books that could help you understand Al Qur'an better. Be an educated muslim! Educate and surround yourself.. start reading Sirah Nabawiyah and take reflections upon it.

Memorize at least one surah; read the tafsir, understand the tajwid, listen to lectures about it, and act upon it. Just one surah, but focus, and make sure to dig deep down inshaAllah it would give a good impact in your life. Focus on one thing and reflect, open more doors. The more you recite, the more you understand.

Help people. Good causes are good causes, people wouldn't judge your religion or where'd you come from. If possible, be a part of good cause in non-muslim event (volunteers, etc), not only among Islam communities. Be a better human being, better muslim. Be an example of what true Islam is. Let's put aside all those bad news about muslims these days, rather than debating the whole day (and keeps debating anyway) let's just put our focus on ourselves instead. We can't change people to what we want them to be except Allah is willing to give His blessings and hidayah. All we have to do is to pray, guide, and remind them. I am not saying that we have to give up, but we have to understand whether it's our personal lives or in society. Inshaallah there is a way.

Fix our intention only for Allah. This one is very hard, I admit. When you're going to give, expect only for Allah. If we are doing good for others, don't say that you help them, we're actually helping ourselves. There is nothing to big for Allah to give. It's easy for us, because Allah made it easy for us. Be faithful and keep reminding each other for we are imperfect human beings.

Guys, Allah doesn't need us. He is independent and qiyamuhu binafsihi, he doesn't need our struggles or anything. It's us who need Him.

It's a reminder for me too,  Ramadhan is near and I wish we could prepare ourselves before its coming. May Allah Azza wa'Jalla makes us of those who are committed to our faith throughout our lives. May Allah overlook our shortcomings and not make us among the dhaalim. And may He protects us forever. Aamiin..


---
List of lectures I recommend in Nouman Ali Khan podcast:
1. Have Genuine Love to the Book of Allah
2. How We Lose Our Iman
3. You're the Best For People
4. Purify your Faith
5. Amazed by The Qur'an series
Well, I have to say, everything!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for visiting! ~^^
I read every comment and I do blog walking too.
Please use good words, I really appreciate!

Regards,
Febby