Tuesday, May 09, 2017

Portia, to the Knight.

[Sunday, 17th November 1986. 11:34 pm. Location: unidentified, yet]

I built a wall, a fortress so high, that keeps me a prisoner of my own mind. I came back to the day where I've been told all the pretty things you think I need to hear. You're right, they wind themselves around my ears and brittle bones; creating a new flesh of me. But you're wrong too, it didn't affect me the way you thought. Had you ever been straightforward, I would not have stepped any further.

We are two muted gray figures of a silhouette, stopped between two panels of lights. To the fingers dancing past 2 a.m. I told you I wasn't into it I was a denial, but you dragged me along until I drowned in a sea of lures. I was spellbounded! Captivated! Enchanted!

You told me once, "Amor vincit omnia", and the time stopped for a while.

Someone should have reminded me, not to fall in love or fall in fools (I am not quite sure); for I have, and wounded my knee into benevolent promises. I struggled to orbit, freaking lost my axis.

After all that happened, I decided to build the walls even higher than I could ever imagine. I regret the things I have said upon the blisters. Sometimes I talk to myself about the things I wish I could take back for I no longer have a chance to transmit the signals anymore. Now that it's gone, I just realised how much I need them.

Don't ask me to write a poem anymore. Believe me when I said all those things, I meant it. It's not that I hate the things that happened, but I hate myself for doing what I shouldn't. I blamed myself, I used to..

But then I remember why I started, and I know why it never worked out with anyone else.


The shadow behind your cape,
Portia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for visiting! ~^^
I read every comment and I do blog walking too.
Please use good words, I really appreciate!

Regards,
Febby