Wednesday, July 05, 2017

First IELTS Test Experience

Image result for korea univ tumblr
Yeah, I kinda screwed up the exam.

I got the result yesterday and wasn't really satisfied with my overall band score that I got. So faaaar away from my target. But alhamdulillah, thanks for the native ma'am who kindly gave me a pretty decent band. Lots of love for you ma'am. If not, I might have got even worse. But the most important thing, it still passed the minimum requirement though. :( 

First, I would like to say that the parts in IELTS which I feared the most are the reading and speaking section. Okay. You know, the reading part in IELTS is hella... hell scarryyy. They have different kinds of question apart from what you will find in TOEFL. There would only be a few multiple choice questions and the rest are random types of question which you had to find by yourself in your head. Whatever. You wouldn't find the answer anywhere. Uh well yea though some types of questions have, but it still hell-o-my-god-so-difficult-i-dont-want-to-do-it-again. Every single time I did the trial or mock test, when it comes to Reading section I always thought, "Yea, you're my enemy now Reading section.". It makes my head super dizzy for not knowing what should I write there. I was never confident in reading section. Never.
Image result for procrastination tumblr

Meanwhile, I took the speaking test on a different day with the LWR test which was held on Saturday. The funny thing is I thought I would get like 4,5 or 3 in my speaking test that I panicked and couldn't even forgive myself. Let alone the high-level words I've memorised to say all week or the phrases and structures that could help me get 7 or 8, I even stumbled upon the words and sounded like a squeaky rat :((( My... I just don't know how to explain how bad my performance was. I might have screwed what I've prepared but it turns out my speaking band is one of the highest which slightly boost my overall band score. I don't know how?? Alhamdulillah. Same goes with the reading section: those which I feared the most, scored the most. Uhh-mazing.

The listening and writing section, meanwhile, the ones that I prepared more than those two little rats got lower band scores. I thought I was doing okay in listening, yeah I could hear everything almost perfectly, but I have to admit that some questions on the back pages are pretty tricky. It was difficult. The section that actually could get the highest band, I got the lowest:(

The writing section!!! I was confident with my writing, moreover, the topic is about astronomy and space which I am sure I have a lot of fancy vocabularies to use. It was about space travel and research something (which is my thing!), errr idk what I can recall is we have to elaborate our opinions about future space travel in International Space Station something and the impact of future developments in technology. 

I was very very confident. I spent most of the time correcting my writing style and learned how to produce a good academic essay. Academic essays are different and super hella absolutely complicated. I don't understand. I have always been so motivated when it comes to writing. But yeah, the band score wasn't that good either. Perhaps I was just being cocky. Since then, I realised I have a lot of flaws here and there to improve. Ijebutteo yeolsimhi hakesseubnidaaaa!!!1! Hahaha sorry. This one will always be my favourite, even though I got higher band than I used to get in mock tests, it still...so-so. I'll try harder next time:)

Image result for procrastination tumblr
I admitted that I didn't prepare for the test well enough, I studied like crazy for only like 1-2 weeks even though I actually had like 3 months before the exam. Procrastination. Always. I just thought I have prepared just enough but I think it's just in my head. The thing that I learned is... to stop procrastinate and value your time, it worth more than anything else. Anndddd, don't. underestimate. any. section. Love them equally. (Aw!) Like in my case, I got higher band scores in the section that I feared the most, meanwhile, the sections that I prepared so much than the others (that I am confident at) got lower band scores instead. Good luck and good work!! 
May the odds be ever in your favour. 

Related image

2 comments:

  1. kemarin ielts nya habis brp mbak? dimana tesnya? makasih

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. di ions. tesnya doang sebenernya $190, tp sama biaya admin totalnya jadi 3,2jt. cek webnya langsung aja :)

      Delete

Hi, thanks for visiting! ~^^
I read every comment and I do blog walking too.
Please use good words, I really appreciate!

Regards,
Febby